Capital Project Management
The Capital Project Management group supports the mission of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences by enhancing the quality of physical resources on the FAS campus. Our group is committed to providing leadership and expertise to manage projects from design through construction and occupancy. We collaborate with OPRP colleagues to manage and deliver the highest quality projects.
Our projects range in complexity and scale and include new building construction, additions, renovations and infrastructure upgrades. Our group manages a diverse portfolio of work in FAS labs, classrooms, libraries, residences, museums, athletic facilities, and administrative offices.
Our responsibilities on capital projects include:
- Assemble effective design and construction teams and lead those teams on development of high-quality, durable and sustainable projects
- Implement fiscally responsible project delivery processes
- Foster successful relationships with end-users including faculty, staff, and University administration
- Advance Harvard standards for campus sustainability and greenhouse gas reduction
- Maintain effective communications with Harvard University stakeholders including University Planning Office, Engineering & Utilities, Environmental Health & Safety, Office for Sustainability, and Central & FAS Finance
- Lead projects through required approvals and permitting and oversee communications with the cities of Cambridge and Boston
- Participate on University-wide committees to advance best practices within the capital projects community
Click here to view recently completed projects.