The Office of Physical Resources & Planning ensures that the campus supports the research, teaching and student life of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. We provide complete and integrated planning and design services, construction management, and building renewal, maintenance and operations management to maintain the excellence and heritage of the physical environment.
The FAS portfolio consists of residential, instructional, laboratory, library, administrative, athletic, theatrical and dining facilities, comprising over 200 buildings and 10 million square feet, which are organized into three functional areas: Academic and Administrative; Residential; and Science. It includes many architecturally significant and historic buildings, a number of which appear on the National and State Registers of Historic Places.
The staff and services of the Physical Resources and Planning Office may be further defined by the groups listed below.
- Space Allocation and Campus Planning
- Capital Construction Project Management
- Building Operations and Maintenance
- Life Safety, Security and Access Control
- Local Emergency Management
- Sustainability Program
- Finance and Administration for Physical Asset Management